tri-Pride is the non-profit Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer+ (LGBTQ+) pride celebration in Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo and area in Ontario, Canada. tri-Pride Community Association Inc. is the legal name of the non-profit organization incorporated in Ontario whose mandate is to conduct and manage tri-Pride celebrations.
We are Canada’s true Regional Pride Festival based on the quality and variety of our programming and events. Our regional community is a proponent of diversity, innovation and talent.
Waterloo Region is a vital and prosperous area in Ontario. Our balance of urban and rural landscapes and lifestyles, skilled labour force, proximity to major North American markets and transportation networks, and diverse ethnic makeup contribute to the continued success of this area.
Board of Directors
Our board of directors come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences which contributes to the diversity in our community. Our Directors may hold a number of portfolios in addition to their primary roles, they are listed below.
tri-Pride Community Association Inc. Directors
- Alex Chunaco – President, City of Cambridge Liaison
- Steve Lill – Secretary/Treasurer, City of Waterloo Liaison
- John Trevor – Director of Events & Fundraising, City of Kitchener Liaison/li>
- Kaitlin Trowhill – Director of Volunteer Resources
- Alec Purves – Director of Vendor Operations
- Bonnie Sutherland – Director of Community Engagement, SPECTRUM Liaison
- Kashaf Imtiaz – Director of Marketing
- Chris Misetic – Director of Grants and Sponsorship,/li>
Mission and Vision
tri-Pride brings together events, networks, resources and people to create a vibrant, collective Rainbow culture in Waterloo Region.
We envision a Waterloo Region where Rainbow persons are positive, visible and fundamental, and where the Rainbow Community sees itself reflected in our shared community mosaic.
Goals and Values
- To create events and be a resource for Rainbow persons and groups, their families, friends and allies
- To promote Rainbow positive spaces, communities and attitudes
- To create and foster a vibrant network
- To celebrate in a peaceful and lively manner and annual tri-Pride cultural festival
- To provide a networking “hub” and referrals for advocacy
- To combat systemic homophobia
- We believe the Rainbow Community is an important part of Waterloo Region
- We believe the Rainbow culture is distinct and has intrinsic social, historical and economic benefit to our community
- We believe the Rainbow Community is a critical part of a healthy, vibrant socio-cultural ecosystem in Waterloo Region
- We believe in inclusion, particularly of sexual orientation, gender expression/identity, family, religion and ethnicity
- We believe systemic homophobia is real, persists and must be defeated
Standing committees of the Board of Directors have at least one Director associated with them and are worked on by a team of volunteers. At current, standing committees include:
- Community Awards
- Events & Fundraising
- Grants & Sponsorship
- Marketing & Promotions
- Pride Parade
Do you have an interest in joining one of our committees? You can email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will get back to you.
tri-Pride Community Association Inc. is a member of:
Fierté Canada Pride (FCP) is the national association of Canadian Pride organisations. We are a membership-based organisation run by volunteers. The main goal of FCP is to promote gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, transsexual, intersex and two-spirited Prides on a national level.
InterPride is the international association for organizations that produce Pride Events around the world. Our member organizations are dedicated to producing Pride events for the global Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) community.
Organizations of all sizes are InterPride members: developing or grass roots focused; mid-sized groups growing in size; and large, well established Pride organizations. We have hundreds of members from all over the world and our reach truly is global!
Minutes and Bylaws
Minutes and by-laws of tri–Pride Board Meetings are available to the public upon request.
Drop us a line, get in touch!
tri-Pride Community Association Inc.
250 King Street West, PO Box 26018 (mailing only)
Kitchener, Ontario Canada
tri-Pride Board of Directors E-Mail Addresses
Alex Chunaco – President: email@example.com
Steve Lill – Secretary/Treasurer: secretary-treasurer@tri-Pride.ca
John Trevor – Director of Events/Fundraising: events@tri-Pride.ca
Kashaf Imtiaz – Director of Marketing: marketing@tri-Pride.ca
Kaitlin Trowhill – Director of Volunteers: volunteers@tri-Pride.ca
Chris Misetic – Director of Sponsorship/Grants: firstname.lastname@example.org